::- Wine and Man -::

I saw a stranger drunkard
Falling in roadside grass
One summer evening
As I walked back from evening walk.

'Need help?', I asked.
And he extended his soilly palm,
I grasped it
And walked with him a mile
Supporting all along.

'I'll get him to his home.'
I was determined to do so.
And held his soilly body
Smelling of alcohol
At a distance from my clean clothes.

It seemed he had
All the time in the world,
For he walked luxuriously,
Talked of inherited riches,
Of his successful sons,
And of course,My kind heart and innocence.

Then he stopped,
"I do not want to go home" he said.
I was done helping;
I left him on his own,
And as I turned my back
I heard him cursing me from behind.

By-Vinod

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TUJHI AATHVAN KHUP YETE

KAS SANGU TULA

FAKT TUZYA SATHI